Monday 21 November 2016

Regret


It’s impossible to choose every option when presented with a choice, so no matter what you do you will at one point in time make the wrong choice. Maybe we don’t realize it at the time but someday we will all look back and have regrets based on choices we made or the chances we didn’t take. So what then, if we all have regrets than what makes them hurt so much, it's because deep down we all want more. We always live our lives trying to reach the top but no matter how high we get, we always need more. Even if the good choices outweigh the mistakes I will always think about things I could have had, or the places I could be, but now I’m stuck in place. To me life is like walking through tunnels, sometimes you have a different direction you could move in, but you can never go back, and you can never see where you're going, so once you reach the end and you look back to see the paths you could have walked, and you realize that you lost. We like to say that all people can succeed in life and do something that makes them happy but in reality there really are people who lose at life, and it’s a scary thought so we, myself included like to ignore it. So what can we do about it, well nothing really, we will all have regrets and some of us will be losers but no matter what we are where we are so we might as well find something good in it. I don’t think about the relationships I lost because of a miscommunication, I think of the love I have in the relationship I have now. I don’t think about the tests I didn’t study for or the homework I forgot to do, I think about the tests I did well on and the places I’m going because of them. I don’t think about the fact I might fail to reach my goals I think about the goals I’ve already hit and the ones I’m going to. I don’t think about how I'm probably going to fail, I pretend, and act like I'm winning.
But maybe that's what I'll end up regretting.

No comments:

Post a Comment